An exciting opportunity has arisen. Turfgrass agronomy & service is looking to recruit a Deputy Course Manager for a 9 holes golf course located in Potters Bar (Hertfordshire).
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work on a new Golf Course. Your responsibility will be to assist the Course Manager in the daily running of the golf course ensuring it is maintained to a high standard.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Course Manager and will be involved with preparation, maintenance and development of all grass areas, bunkers, greens and tees, maintaining equipment and adhering to all relevant Health & Safety guidelines. You will need to be a team player, able to work under pressure and have the ability to work well with colleagues and have good communication skills. You will also be required to work on your own, carrying out set tasks and work schedule using your own initiative. Motivate, lead the team when the Course Manager is off site. This position requires to work on weekend rota and overtime.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Course Manager
- Minimum of NVQ level 3 in sports turf management (or equivalent).
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates.
- He/she should have a minimum of 5 years experiences in the industry.
- Good understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of rainbird irrigation system.
- The ability to lead and motivate others.
- A keen eye for details.
- He/she must have the confidence to lead from the front, setting a good example and having a very strong work ethic.
- Be able to detail and instruct work programmes to the team.
- Good knowledge of modern turf machinery.
- Driving licence.
The position is full-time, with required weekend work rota.
30 days holiday (Including Public and Bank Holidays)